There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Published annually, The Southern Quill is the literary magazine housed at Dixie State University. In circulation since 1951, the journal features creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, and visual art.
We welcome submissions from writers and artists residing in the states of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.
Submissions are open for all sections and will remain open through March 7, 2022.
· All work may be submitted to The Southern Quill free of charge.
· We do not accept previously published materials, including publication in any public venue. This includes print and web, regardless of circulation.
· Simultaneous submissions are accepted; however, if your work is accepted elsewhere while still under consideration at The Southern Quill, let us know, so we may withdraw that specific work.
· If you need to withdraw a single poem from consideration, please notify us via email rather than using the Submittable withdraw feature, unless you wish to withdraw your entire submission.
· In lieu of a cover letter, please submit a short biographical note of 100 words to include in our publication should we accept your work.
· Upon publication, all rights will revert back to the author.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to reviewing your work.